nandupress

nandupress
click on nandu for the NEW homepage

Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Widowmaker, the Tinman, and Aisle Two...

Just returned from Oz, where the white wizards of the Emerald City have approved my progress.

The Docs were happy with their handy work re-plumbing my heart to thwart the evil witch, the Widowmaker, who was about ready to step into the plotline and cast her dark spell on my life and  explode my heart like a Taliban goat herder's pressure cooker, to say nothing of her flying monkeys that still need to be crushed by my friends, the Cowardly Lion and the Scarecrow, as well as the army of munchkins waiting in the wing. Dorothy, I haven't seen her in a while, last time I heard she was a slut working a corner in the Combat Zone in Boston, busting tricks for twenty bucks... crack Ho.

Now, for those of you who do not know, the Widowmaker is a medical term for the type of heart disease that I was suffering. A hidden, non-presenting illness for the most part, it suddenly makes itself known by trying to kill your ass, thus, the name Widowmaker, because, well, it makes a widow out of your spouse. Women, by the way, are slightly more susceptible to this heart disease than men...be warned.

It's a secret and insidious disease that lurks in the shadows like some fucking terrorist ready to strike with no warning and seemingly no purpose, other than to perform it's basic function and to prove a point, no system and no thing is perfect...everything and everybody is flawed, and no depth of hubris can deny the fact that everything breaks with whatever consequences that are the result. I just got lucky again, and the fates stepped in and pulled me out of the express checkout lane with one item to price and threw me down a couple of lanes in the 15 item checkout lane. So, I think I will continue shopping and go down Aisle Two (IL-2) to see how many more things I can stuff in my shopping cart.

So the Tinman has a new heart, and like the Tinman of Dorothy fame, slut and crack Ho that she is now, I just need to keep oiled so that I don't stiffen up and go belly up. As mentioned, I also talked to the wizards of Aisle Two Fame (IL-2), white wizards deserving of the white wizard status and ready to help this Tinman stay well oiled and they have nodded and smiled in my direction approving my entry into their magic world that fights the friends of the Widowmaker and her ilk.

One down...heart disease, and one to go, cancer. WTF, anyways...maybe I should get leprosy also and call it a fucking hat trick and be done with the whole thing.

But, like Odysseus, Frodo, the Tinman or Ishmael, the journey has many ordeals of temptation and struggle. So, for those of you in Boston, that red streak you may have seen on the news was me heading north as they have approved me to drive, and with some new tires on my red mini, the road was mine, as it always has been and always will be.

NOTE: computer was messed up this week, so two posts never made it to the web...oh well.........
 

1 comment:

  1. :) was wondering where ur posts were...so now gotta look out for that mini cooper flying like a bat out of hell down the road!!! Enjoy the road. .. have a great weekend you guys

    ReplyDelete

Cancer survival & life adventures

Cancer survival & life adventures
Welcome. Please subscribe to my new FIVE PLUS webpage, linked by clicking on the nandu. Thanks, Tim

FIVE PLUS Followers

follow on Facebook