nandupress

nandupress
click on nandu for the NEW homepage

Monday, May 13, 2013

Survival rates for kidney cancer

Survival rates for kidney cancer

Some people with cancer may want to know the survival rates for their type of cancer. Others may not find the numbers helpful, or may even not want to know them. The 5-year survival rate refers to the percentage of patients who live at least 5 years after their cancer is found. Keep in mind that many of these patients live much longer than 5 years after their cancer is found and treated. And survival rates are based on patients whose cancer was found and treated more than 5 years ago. Better treatments now may mean that patients have a better outlook. (well, I hope so. I already have hit the five year mark plus two.)

A quote that seems appropriate: "More die descending mountains than ascending. Because they are a spent force? Or because the goal they have striven for has already been achieved."

In many ways, that sums up FIVE PLUS, the idea that I, in particular, still have goals to be achieved. And, the overall concept of being ill is a major inconvience. I am glad I might participate in the IL-2 (aisle two) treatments, because I have a few more FIVE PLUS trips in mind that will build upon my Chilean trip of 2011, the original FIVE PLUS trip into the high country of Chile's Atacama desert. To me, that's partly the point, to have things I want to see and do, whether just to sit in my backyard and enjoy the cherry tree that has just blossoms this Spring or to visit ruins in some distant land. First, though, we have to get this tiger back in the gate.

Cancer survival & life adventures

Cancer survival & life adventures
Welcome. Please subscribe to my new FIVE PLUS webpage, linked by clicking on the nandu. Thanks, Tim

FIVE PLUS Followers

follow on Facebook