nandupress

nandupress
click on nandu for the NEW homepage

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Kidney Cancer

A friend and myself, Chile, 2002
A few thoughts about kidney cancer that will be important to remember. The first is that kidney cancer, especially once it has metastasized can return to three areas of the body: the lungs, the bones or the brain. It may start in the small tubes in the lining of the kidney, but once free in the body it will return to these areas, primarily. In fact, I have just become aware of someone who had a kidney devoured by the disease but that the cancer had also already spread into his bones, making them weak and brittle. In my case, the cancer has returned to a lymph node in my chest just between my lungs. So, while it is known as kidney cancer, or renal cancer, it can be found in other areas of the body beside the kidney.

4 comments:

  1. Renal Specialty Exam Cousre is an interactive course for Renal specialty cerification,
    this website will prepare you for the exam,

    renal specialty course


    renal exam course

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really were lucky. I was diagnosed with brain cancer and am fighting every day to survive it.

    renal exam course
    nephrology exam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim,'
    Wishing you the best.
    Wayne Allgood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been silently observing your journey, checking in now and then. Over the years and at times your voice changes ...rage, hope, determination, anger, relief, courage...but always grace. For many with cancer there is not "you survived cancer" there is only a moment of stasis. I will be going on 5 years in December, this is what I wrote in 2012 before one of my many treatments. "in the middle of the journey of our life I came to myself in a dark wood where the straight way was lost" - Dante Alighieri, The Devine Comedy: Canto I

    ReplyDelete

Cancer survival & life adventures

Cancer survival & life adventures
Welcome. Please subscribe to my new FIVE PLUS webpage, linked by clicking on the nandu. Thanks, Tim

FIVE PLUS Followers

follow on Facebook