nandupress

nandupress
click on nandu for the NEW homepage

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Kidney Cancer and Superheros and me!


Old Spider Man
 Even superheros get old, put on a few pounds and the acrobatic skills that make them so popular in the comic books or the special effects given them in the movies, well, they erode with the oncoming years. Having eclipsed the 60 mark last year, and also having eclipsed the FIVE PLUS mark two years ago, I am living in the PLUS years now, which, despite the geriatic handicaps that have crept up on me, I still have the mojo of the sad looking Superhero, an old spider man, in the picture above. BAMMM, SHAZAMMM, and KA-POOOOW.

Well, enough of that, but it is fun.

Seven years ago this week I called the doc to tell him I was not feeling well, by June 6 of that year I was in the ER struggling with an alien life form trying to suck me down into the afterlife like Gandalf fighting Belrog in the dark of Middle Earth. Well, surprise, surprise, Alien Life form...also known as Renal Cancer, I am still here. Looking at this year as the LUCKY SEVEN year of my survival I thought I was home free. But the fucker was not totally taken down by my cast of superhero like friends seven years ago, so again we will wage battle and see who wins. This time around I have an added group of friends who will assist me in driving this Alien Mutant Spawn from my chest. It will happen at a molecular level, so they'll be no high flying stunts, no trains stopping strength, and no time bending (well, wait a minute, there might be some time bending going on, I'll update), and lastly, no plague completely driven from our time. But, a small victory for me and my friends, I hope, will continue the larger assault on my cancer and others who also suffer cancers of all kinds.

When I return from the Abyss of this struggle I will be the White Wizard, or something close, ready to pursue my continuing adventures in the real world in which we live.

Tomorrow, I go into BIDMC for my first round of testing, everything from Stress tests to MRIs. That is because the regiment of IL-2 (aisle two) is so strenous that the cast of Superheros that are going to help me, have to make sure that I am up to the fight and that my body will withstand the struggle with  the Alien life form but also how they intend to battle it. I am expecting to pass all my tests, but my optimism will need a bigger kick in the nuts than this thing has given me. And, once in the program, I expect (and really hope) that the work of these molecular superheros along with my immune system will crush my enemy and release me into the world for more of my PLUS years adventures.

Thanks for reading, and share on FB or wherever. I was hoping for 100 followers by mid-June. Not too big a mark, but I am usually modest in my goals, like trying to defeat a malignant cancer in my chest.
Tim

Cancer survival & life adventures

Cancer survival & life adventures
Welcome. Please subscribe to my new FIVE PLUS webpage, linked by clicking on the nandu. Thanks, Tim

FIVE PLUS Followers

follow on Facebook