nandupress

nandupress
click on nandu for the NEW homepage

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Getting Better.

Well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger....never really liked that phrase, but after last week I'll lighten up a little and go with the flow.

Many things occurred, such as touching base with all the side effects in the IL-2 manual. I checked in on time, because I am punctual in an obsessive way, which is good for the type of work that I do. So in my room I go and now as a one week experienced IL-2 patient I strip down and get my Johnny on.The Johnny is an amazingly simple but efficient piece of clothing. It allows full access to the body by keeping those parts that are closed for public view to remain somewhat hidden. But, after you are in the hospital for a while, you loose all that modesty and whoever comes in the room and has to poke around under the Johnny, well, you just wave them on to do and touch, and search for whatever they need to do.

Funny story. This summer while getting ready to be released after my CABG4, or in lay terms, the quadruple bypass, my young nurse had to come in and remove my heart sensors. She was able to easily get the ones nearer the top of my body but I had a few nearer the the modesty zone. Without looking, as she was trying to be nice, she was reaching down and trying to find the sticker sensors in that area. She looked at me with a helpless look and I was just smiling understanding her ordeal. I said to her that just go for it and don't worry about it because it seems everyone has seen what I have anyway, and it's not much of a story. She laughed and looked down inside my Johnny and grabbed what she was suppose to, and then smiled again, and our moment was over.

I have more to say, but just wanted to let you all now that I am now recovering from the second week. That recovery is longer than the first week because the treatments are cumulative. So, now time to recover and then get my scans coming up in October and November. The November scans should indicate what damage the treatments of IL-2 have had on the little outposts of space alien bastards trying to colonize my body as a host for their fucking limited futures. So, more to say in the coming days, and thanks for all your best wishes and kind thoughts.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Cancer survival & life adventures

Cancer survival & life adventures
Welcome. Please subscribe to my new FIVE PLUS webpage, linked by clicking on the nandu. Thanks, Tim

FIVE PLUS Followers

follow on Facebook