nandupress

nandupress
click on nandu for the NEW homepage

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sun Still Shines....

You know, I am only mildly insane...

Just heard the other day that a mother of my daughter's friend had recently died of Lou Gehrig's Disease. ALS. Fuck.

Three days on I am humbled by the gods of chance as they toy with the ambitions and achievements of we mortals.

I am sure POTUS is wondering why his achievements don't match his lofty rhetoric and the ambitions of such a brilliant mind, at least that is what he said...

I have always had an affinity for the Greek gods of old, who were so small minded and liked to fuck with the little men of the Aegean Sea. They, like the old testament prophets, toyed with guilt and a self-conscious appreciation of the world around us and how the emotions we felt controlled that view.

Well, fuck you Zeus, you doodling old fool with your human wants and rapacious appetite for mortal girls.

Being sick, well, I am.

But, aren't we all.

I mentioned to a friend the other night that I am just waiting to hear what is next.

But aren't we all.

I, at least for the moment, know what I am contending with. Some poor fuck in the middle of nowhere America, China, or whatever-ville is going about their business without any appreciation of the 24 second clock as it ticks toward the final shot.

Just watched a few good movies as I prepare for the Oscar test tonight. Liked the Robert Redford lost at sea story, and in that light watched Captain Phillips again...in both a spell binding move toward the tense final acts of the story.

Couldn't help cheer when the Seals shot the MFing pirates. I guess I am a little Old Testament kinda guy, because I'd hose that whole part of the world. But the gods aren't gonna make me a co-worker for the day, so pirates, terrorists, and mindless psychopaths will live to be the instrument of our darker side to demonstrate that part of our nature we try to hide from ourselves.

The good has to kill the bad, or otherwise, we are all fucked.

Punishment is a good thing.

I loved the movie Nebraska. Bruce Dern has always been one of my favorites, and his performance is subtle and spot on. He's my underdog winner tonight. Would love to see him win.

I am humbled by life, got a lot to do.

Cry more often then I like, but it's a private indulgence that makes me feel human.

I also like to say fuck you to things I don't like, like people aping toward a self-importance they don't have...again, POTUS, are you listening you weak MFer.

Things change despite the best laid plans.

Waiting, well patience is really irrelevant. I got things I want to do, and will do some of them, but others, well, the 24 second is ticking, and I hope to hoist a few more shots before the other team gets the ball. But, my team is playing some tenacious defense, not quite the shut-down defense I would like, but we are keeping them on their heals.

So, as I drive toward the basket, old Zeus is trying to stuff me into his sack of odd assortments of crazy mortals that thought they could go up against destiny.

Napoleon once said, Geography is Destiny. Well, the Geography of the human planet is also destiny.

The sun still shines brightly for me, humbled as I may be by my own story, others face greater odds and trials.

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cancer survival & life adventures

Cancer survival & life adventures
Welcome. Please subscribe to my new FIVE PLUS webpage, linked by clicking on the nandu. Thanks, Tim

FIVE PLUS Followers

follow on Facebook