nandupress

nandupress
click on nandu for the NEW homepage

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Unsuspecting & Suspecting?

Well, Just a few observations while I am waiting for life continue before it slips down the memory whole of the universe.

As a commuter now of some time and stamina, I have been able to observe some peculiar habits of my fellow autobahn travelers. One, that I am particularly curious about is how, while I am driving in the center lane of a three lane highway, someone will come up from behind me, tailgate for a few seconds, and then, surge around me into the passing lane. 

All the time the right lane is open. 

Now, what makes this a curiosity for me is that after they have sped up and now can feel the wind in their hair with open road ahead and around, they pull in front of me and head toward the off ramp, which is on the right. 

What's up with that. I mean, com'on man.

Yesterday, I was walking through the airline terminal where I work, and taking somewhat the same strategy as my driving, hit the center lane and be cautious, I felt a traveller coming up from behind on my right, and I glanced to see a woman pulling a bag and trying very hard to get around me. She sped up and I slowed a little, she again took me on the left, and without a blinker on, she cut right across me and headed into the ladies room. Had to go, I guess, and boy am I sympathetic in that area. Do I have a sign on me that indicates people need to cut me off on the highway and now while I am walking. 

To me, when I think about it, which I am doing now, it indicates that people don't really have a plan to get to where they are going. Because it would seem that to merge into the right lane would get you to the exit more safely than doing a clown car act and cutting off some unsuspecting traveller. Which, I can tell you, is not me, because I am very suspecting.

Met Teller, of Penn and Teller fame, the other day.  He seemed bored. Maybe he was missing Penn. Dunno. Tim 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cancer survival & life adventures

Cancer survival & life adventures
Welcome. Please subscribe to my new FIVE PLUS webpage, linked by clicking on the nandu. Thanks, Tim

FIVE PLUS Followers

follow on Facebook