nandupress

nandupress
click on nandu for the NEW homepage

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Howdy from FIVE PLUS

Waiting.

Yes, still waiting, although in the meantime I visited with my oncologist here in Portland.

We had a nice chat about IL-2 and the possibilities of immunotherapy and the decision to put me back in a holding pattern by the BIDMC doctors.

We scanned the images he had available, although he didn't have the latest one, and we checked out the pretty much static existence of that little colony of muthafuckers living between my two lungs. It's actually a lymph node hanging out just below the branch of my windpipe and while he measured it, it showed almost no significant growth.

And we looked at the possible site of another metastasis on the pancreas, but how they could believe that it is also kidney cancer without a biopsies I dunno, because the pictures don't show anything of anything that remotely could be said to be anything.

But I am sure the radiologists who study these images like to say what this is or what that is if they see some anomaly.

Well, fuck them.
Hanoi, Vietnam, January 2013

Sometimes there is just shit in there that isn't cancer. Just aged organs, which I have one, but we won't go down that road.

My doc here looked at the tail of the pancreas and we studied it for a awhile, but really there is no way to tell one way or the other. Although the Doc didn't say that, that's my logic and without a biopsy it's just guess work based upon what they see in my chest, which they know what it is because they did do a biopsy.

So, I think Doctors and technicians can get a little overheated seeing something in these 50 shades of grey that are the imagery from the C-scans and say what this shadow is or what that shadow is.

They dunno and while they are making an educated guess, it's still a fucking guess.

SO, I do have cancer that has metastasized, I already knew that, but it doesn't mean that everything that is abnormal on one of these scans has also got to be cancer. I mean, come'on man, give a patient a break.

And, what if it is a small Deathstar Colony…so what.

Fuck them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cancer survival & life adventures

Cancer survival & life adventures
Welcome. Please subscribe to my new FIVE PLUS webpage, linked by clicking on the nandu. Thanks, Tim

FIVE PLUS Followers

follow on Facebook