nandupress

nandupress
click on nandu for the NEW homepage

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Time to make the donuts


I have been back to work now for four days, and looking forward to my Friday tomorrow. So, one more week and two days of work before I start my ordeal with my little friend, known in many circles as Cancer.  He's a pesky little fucker and while he, or she, don't won't to be sexist about it, continues to live quite comfortable in my chest, I think now that I have survived my surprise cardiac episode, it's time to turn my attention to my renal cancer.

As I mentioned early on in this blog, the IL-2 (aisle-two) treatment has been very successful for many patients and my expectation is that it will be again for me. But while I am sitting here at my work place, and hoping for a few moments  of solitude, someone on the other side of the wall is using a drill that sounds like a huge dentist drill for elephants. Well, anyway, a little inconvenient, but I'll survive. And, that's how I feel about the renal cancer. OK, more than a little inconvenient, more like an ordeal, but one I believe I will get through successfully.

I listed under pages a good  description of IL-2 published by NIH and it explains clearly what it is, what it does, and side-effects a patient is likely to have. As I have gone down this path this year I think  many have wondered what it is I am doing. Chemo? Radiation? all the normal choices that generally swim through the consciousness of what cancer treatment is. In many ways I am lucky to have had renal cancer...although saying that seven years  ago  when it tried to kill me, and  was within its grasp, it didn't and I have lived with the idea of cancer for those seven years. But, renal cancer has many good treatments, of which IL-2, for those fit enough and crazy enough to subject oneself to it's own unpleasant journey, has the effect of managing the illness effectively. And, as I have told my Docs on many occasions I know  at some point something will kill me, like those tractor trailers that sometimes try to jump into my back seat on the way to work...but otherwise, I do not want to die of this, and my focus is to defeat this  cancer and live with the aftermath of it's unseemly bond with my life.

Did I say inconvenient?

Well, just a few thoughts as my countdown to August 26th ticks along. Hope all are well, tim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cancer survival & life adventures

Cancer survival & life adventures
Welcome. Please subscribe to my new FIVE PLUS webpage, linked by clicking on the nandu. Thanks, Tim

FIVE PLUS Followers

follow on Facebook